This is our tribute to the black iron that paved the way to get to the Grand Canyon. Black Iron is a high hopped, fragrant ale that is as deep and as wide as the Grand Canyon itself!
Brewer: Grand Canyon Brewing Company
- Other Brands:
- More Grand Canyon Brewing Company Products
- United States - Williams, Arizona
- When we set out to brew a beer good enough to be considered alongside one of the great wonders of the world, we didn't take our jobs lightly. Some of the best views and the best brew come from the Grand Canyon.
- www.grandcanyonbrewingco.com#http://www.grand »
- twitter.com/GCBrewery#http://twitter.com/GCBr »
- www.facebook.com/grandcanyonbrewery#http://ww »
Shelf Tags for Grand Canyon Black Iron India Pale Ale
Style: American IPA
- Like other American-ized versions of English style beers, the American India Pale Ale (IPA) differs from it's English counterpart in it's strong use of American style hops. Generally stronger in bitterness and characterized by a grapefruit and/or citrus flavor, American IPA's are near the high end of the bitterness scale among all beer styles.
Though today they are typically much stronger and more assertive than their English counterparts, the American IPA is likely to be closer to the original English IPA of the 18th century than current English versions. Over the years, the extreme hops and bitterness of the English version has been reduced to meet consumer demand, while the American IPA thrives on being an extreme dose of hops.
The American IPA is also distinguished by it's use of American hops, which are generally more citrusy in character than the typical earthy, English hop.
- Browse American IPA